By life, inspired...
I am a Sri Lankan born self taught artist, living in Surrey, England. With a background architectural studies, I have been somewhat of a globetrotter over the past decade, having lived in five countries and four continents. As such, my work draws inspiration from multiple cultures, landscapes and landmarks I have experienced personally. My work highlight the experience of a landscape, it’s mood, character, lighting and density, through several layers of colour, lines, texture and brush strokes. I zoom in and out of the actual memory of the landscape to construct the story in mind. I try to include the built and natural environments in my work as an interconnected entity, this I believe questions how the spaces occupy and correlate through the art work. Once I feel sufficient layers are complied, I pick- out the details with lines that I think contributes to the over all composition and character, then present it in an abstract format for the viewer to solve. An inconclusive situation of the space.
For a wider range of work and daily updates visit my Instagram account at https://www.instagram.com/aasiriartstudio/
"Art is not what you see, but what you make others see." DEGAS
- Partnership with Gallerique , 222 W Merchandise Mart Plaza Suite 1225, Chicago, IL 60654, USA.
- Artist on Artling Gallery. https://theartling.com/en/
- Listed artist at Saatchi online gallery, United Kingdom
- Featured artist at Art Loft Asia , Singapore. 2016 -2018
- A5 Magazine June Issue 2017
- Wotisart magazine, May Issue 2017
- Average Arts magazine, April Issue 2017
- British Vogue, August Issue 2016
May 22nd-26th – London Art Biennale, Chelsea London.
June 1st-16th – Surrey Artist Open Studios
June 10th – London architecture week , London Bridge Hotel, London.
- 2018 , 8th November, Group exhibition at the Lumiarts Gallery , 7 Denbigh St, Pimlico, London SW1V 2HF
- 2018 May, Guildford art society, Guildford House Gallery, Guildford,UK.
- 2017 June, Art Basel, Basel Switzerland.
- 2013 October, Parallax Art Fair, London Chelsea,UK.