By life, inspired...
I am a Sri Lankan born self taught artist, living in Surrey, England. With a background architectural studies, I have been somewhat of a globetrotter over the past decade, having lived in five countries and four continents. As such, my work draws inspiration from multiple cultures, landscapes and landmarks I have experienced personally. My work highlight the experience of a landscape, it’s mood, character, lighting and density, through several layers of colour, lines, texture and brush strokes. I zoom in and out of the actual memory of the landscape to construct the story in mind. I try to include the built and natural environments in my work as an interconnected entity, this I believe questions how the spaces occupy and correlate through the art work. Once I feel sufficient layers are complied, I pick- out the details with lines that I think contributes to the over all composition and character, then present it in an abstract format for the viewer to solve. An inconclusive situation of the space.
Winner at the London Art Biennale 2019.
For a wider range of work and daily updates visit my Instagram account at https://www.instagram.com/aasiriartstudio/
"Art is not what you see, but what you make others see." DEGAS
- Partnership with Gallerique , 222 W Merchandise Mart Plaza Suite 1225, Chicago, IL 60654, USA.
- Artist on Artling Gallery. https://theartling.com/en/
- Listed artist at Saatchi online gallery, United Kingdom
- Featured artist at Art Loft Asia , Singapore. 2016 -2018
- A5 Magazine June Issue 2017
- Wotisart magazine, May Issue 2017
- Average Arts magazine, April Issue 2017
- British Vogue, August Issue 2016
May 22nd-26th – London Art Biennale, Chelsea London.
June 1st-16th – Surrey Artist Open Studios
June 10th – London architecture week , London Bridge Hotel, London.
- 2018 , 8th November, Group exhibition at the Lumiarts Gallery , 7 Denbigh St, Pimlico, London SW1V 2HF
- 2018 May, Guildford art society, Guildford House Gallery, Guildford,UK.
- 2017 June, Art Basel, Basel Switzerland.
- 2013 October, Parallax Art Fair, London Chelsea,UK.